Saturday, October 4, 2014

JOURNAL 1- LEARNING WEB DESIGN CH 1-3

Niederst Robbins, J. (2012). Ch. 1 Getting Started. In Learning Web Design: A Beginner’s Guide to HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Web Graphics (4th ed., p. 624). Sebastopol, CA: Littlechair.
Because I am an organizer by nature (admittedly a little on the uptight side), I find the most attractive aspects of web design to be User Experience and User Interface. I am a stickler for proper grammar and spelling, and I appreciate visual simplicity in addition to graphics that are kind to the eye and that don’t detract from the purpose of a page.   Additionally, I find poorly organized and unintuitive websites to be very irksome.  Time is one of our most valuable resources, and poorly organized websites waste time at best and, at worst, can turn consumers completely away from a company entirely, not just their website.  

QUESTION:  Will I need to purchase more memory?
Computers on the lower market end always sacrifice some aspect of performance.  Until now, my MacBook Air has served me just fine.  Knowing that many upcoming projects will require much  more memory than I have available, I intend to rely heavily on the cloud to hold my memory-heavy projects. 

Niederst Robbins, J. (2012). Ch 2- How the Web Works. In Learning Web Design: A Beginner’s Guide to HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Web Graphics (4th ed., p. 624). Sebastopol, CA: Littlechair.
I think of my browser as a messenger boy.  I ask my messenger to get me certain information, and he runs out to retrieve my desired material.  Some messengers know their way around better than others and come back with exactly what I want.  Others may come back with superfluous or non-applicable information.  The challenge lies in choosing the messenger, Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, etc.  

QUESTION:  Why are some browsers seemingly more efficient?   
I have to imagine that the manner in which browsers function is essentially the same across the board.  Perhaps the difference lies in the focus of the browser.  Is it aiming for accuracy?  Is it aiming for breadth?  Perhaps knowing what my preference is will help determine the browser to be chosen.        





No comments:

Post a Comment